- A Peoria Symphony member with stage fright that was keeping her/him from advancing to a higherposition in the Symphony. This person is now embarking on some solo performances!
- A banker with several impressive degrees whose "shyness" was keeping him from advancing. He now leads a team in the bank and was given a raise!
- An executive who had to give a speech for his corporation. Now in demand, he speaks for many civic organizations.
- A surgeon who needed to improve his "people skills." He is now enjoying the "people" side of his work.
- A church member who wanted to read the Bible in church but was afraid to. After taking this class, he is reading in church once a month.
- An insurance executive who had lost the passion for selling. This class gave him a new angle on his work and he now has many new clients.
- An author launching on a book tour who was filled with fear about the talks about his book and the book signings. He is now completing another book and looking forward to the "schmoozing"
part of the book release.
- An artist whose agent wanted him to give talks about his work. After taking this class, the artist is being sought after for more speeches and due to his new found confidence, has doubled the price of the art work and is receiving more orders than he can easily fill.
- A housewife whose last child went to college and didn't know what to do outside of being "Mom." She took this class, learned some confidence skills and is now working privately with "Edie" to turn her passion into a career.
- A retiree who wanted to put "pizzazz" in a series of speeches he had scheduled in the Peoria Area. He is now receiving many more offers to speak than he thought possible and well known for his charismatic presentations!
- A GOLF PRO was sent to me by his boss to improve his people skills. Within two months, he was using golf metaphor in his work and sought after by wealthy golfers to be their individual coach. He was then "head-hunted" by a very posh golf course on an island off the Mass. Coast. He now "works" only in the summer on the island and golfs for fun in the winter in Naples and has time to develop his wood-working hobby and spend time with his family.
- A SURGEON renowned for his operating skills, but not his bedside manner, came to me to hone them because he was losing patients. After 8 sessions, he is now very much in demand!
- An ARCHITECT was appointed chairman of the Maine Historic Preservation Commission. She wanted the appointment, yet was afraid to speak in public. After our 3rd session, she spoke her inaugural address (at which I was present) and received accolades for her speaking excellence. We then added sparkle to the presentation and she now speaks nationally at Historic Preservation Conventions.
- An ARTIST was asked to speak about his work at an art opening. The artist came to me in a panic. In 6 sessions, he gained confidence to speak about his work. He now shows in London, Paris, and Buenos Aires. He has become renowned for being articulate and is sought after for interviews.
- A FASHION DESIGNER was chosen to be in a prestigious show in London which involved speaking and was sent to me by one of her clients whose clothes I had admired throughout the years. In a "crash course" of 4 times a week for 2 weeks, she felt ready to "fly across the pond" and speak about her work. While in London, she was chosen to go to a show in Paris the next season.
- A HOUSEWIFE was asked to lead a discussion group at her church. She said "no" because she was afraid of public speaking (America's #1 fear, Death is #2!) After working with me, she felt ready to lead the group and is now starting her 2nd group & loves it!
- A MAGAZINE EDITOR wanted to start her own T.V. series which I helped her do.
- A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT came to me to hone his interview skills in preparation for a tour of colleges. He entered Carnegie-Mellon (his 1st choice!) last fall and is at the top of his class.
- A BANKER came to me because he was tired of not receiving promotions while his colleagues with fewer degrees than he had (two U. of London economic degrees) were getting promoted. We worked together on his assertiveness & people skills through role-playing and visualization. After 8 sessions, he asked for a promotion and received it!
- A EUROPEAN UNION ECONOMIST came to me for help in reworking his resume, and in polishing his people skills and speaking skills. We worked together for 8 sessions and he now has a posh job in London!
- A CARIBBEAN CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION staff member was sent to me by his boss to improve his negotiating and people skills. He now travels around the region speaking at conferences and is considering becoming his own boss!
- A LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT decided he wanted to expand his market to Mustique, the elegant island on which Mick Jagger, Raquel Welch, etc. have holiday homes. He came to me to "upper-class" his speaking and is now working in Mustique as well as Barbados!